- Sabrina Hindley, SubMerge Publishers
We live in a world which is busy, hectic and eventful. Professionals like Doctors, Architects and Consultants have to manage their frenzied schedule effectively. The days when personal secretaries used to fix appointments are long gone. There is no time to ring up and talk to others. Scheduling software’s have stepped in to assist professionals in their quest for organizing their frenzied lives.
What is a scheduling calendar?
Most of us have used a calendar whether within Microsoft office Suite or in Google. We can set up tasks and reminders using the calendar. Features such as sharing of events have been incorporated in the recent past. A scheduling calendar is a bit more sophisticated with added features which make it suitable for use by professionals like Doctors. Scheduling calendars can be standalone or integrated with a website. Popular CMS like WordPress and Joomla have extensions which can be added to provide scheduling calendar. The needs of big enterprises, small businesses and professionals like Doctors vary to a large extent. This necessities use of different scheduling software’s to suit specific requirements.
Importance of scheduling software for professionals like Doctors, Architects and Consultants
Effective scheduling software must be able to provide information on customers, users, vendors, suppliers, affiliates and partners which is easily accessible simultaneously to multiple viewers. An enterprise level scheduling software manages this information which is seamlessly stitched together along with schedules and related appointments. Many scheduling software also support email lists and incorporate them in the scheduling calendar. Lately mobile applications have started appearing in the market which makes scheduling easier and more convenient.
Benefit of integrating scheduler with the website
The days of standalone desktop appointment and scheduling software are over. Every professional is just a click away from clients. Integrating a scheduler with their website has multiple benefits. Users or clients can look up the appointments and block dates and timings as convenient. Doctors can easily install scheduler extensions to their CMS like WordPress or Joomla and create a powerful online presence.
Factors which constitute good scheduling software
The scheduling software requirements for professionals such as Doctors are slightly different than those for businesses. Here the ability to interact with clients, fixing and blocking appointments form an important part of calendar. Using a familiar interface like Google calendar with drag and drop facility can make scheduling of events a breeze. The user interface must be intuitive enabling professionals to use the scheduling software on their own without assistance. Scheduling software should be easy to install without hassles.
Registration of users, their profile and history of appointments are some features which will enhance usability of scheduling software.
Proper scheduling software can enhance the productivity of professionals such as Doctors, Architects and Consultants. Easy installation, good support through documentation, ease of use and adaptability are essential features of a good calendar. Suitable interface with a website can enable users to lookup events and fix appointments. You can pick up the right scheduler from a wide variety available online. You might want to have a look at our amazingly popular JTAG calendar here. Overall, a scheduler can do much more than being just a calendar.
SEO on Joomla websites
When you have a website, especially a commercial one, you would like to get as much traffic as you can. More traffic will increase your chances of earning money or getting more followers to your site. Another way that you can benefit from having a well-visited site is you can have advertisers post ads on your site, which can supplement your cash flow.Online commerce is growing in importance and significance by the day and you should take advantage of this by building a good website or employing effective web marketing techniques.
Note: for Joomla 1.6/1.7 the slider is using native Joomla categories (not K2).
1. Create a category (from Joomla Administration go to Content menu -> Category Manager -> Add new Category). This is the category where the slider content(articles) will reside.
2. To create article go to Joomla Administration, Content menu -> Article Manager -> Add new Article.
3. In Article Manager: Add New Article go to Article Text (the textarea) and click on the image button (below the text area) and insert your Slide Image.
4. Type image description if you like (inside textarea).
5. To add thumbnail click on the image button again and pick your thumbnail image and click insert.
6. Attach this article to the Category and click save & close.
Next go to Extensions -> Module Manager, click on Jtag Slider Module. In Parameters (right) pick the category we created (see 1.) and click Save & Close.
Did you know you can now view a complete list of all recent JoomlaTag updates here - Releases ?
At least one extension is updated every single weekday ! That is because we are constantly incorporating feedback from our customers. Continuous improvement is our motto :-)
We respond to all queries within 24 hours , weekends could take a little longer :-)
Managing Creating Joomla Templates
Joomla is a highly popular free content management system. It is a Web-based tool that helps you create and edit Web, intranet and extranet sites. It is code-free which means that even people with limited or no knowledge of site programming languages can easily learn how to use it. Joomla can also be used to create personal or business sites.
Extract sliders.rar locally
For Joomla 1.5
For Joomla 1.7
For Joomla 2.5
If you have been struggling to find Joomla tips and help with your Joomla development journey, look no further. Here's a list of the best Joomla blogs -
1. Joomla! Documentation: The original source of all things Joomla. Constantly updated with information related to the latest release.
2. JoomlaBlogger: Popular site that provides a lot of Joomla related information. This blog is regularly updated with latest tips.
3. JBeginner: Extensive Joomla tutorials to help beginners.
4. Joomtut: Irrespective of whether you are a beginner or a semi-expert, you are sure to find JoomTut useful.
5. Dart Creations: Joomla tutorials and tips and tricks for everyone who is using Joomla CMS. There are tips for newbies, for webmasters as well as developers.
6. Insquaremedia: Nice list of useful tips coupled with certain Joomla modules and components – aimed to make everyday tasks easier using Joomla.
7. Joomla Tutorials: From Joomla installation to extending your Joomla site – Joomla Tutorial contains excellent tips and tricks for every stage. Detailed videos make the learning process a lot easier. Useful for beginners, intermediates as well as pros.
8. Cocoate: Hasn't been updated recently but has some useful tips.
9. Slurp It Up: Diverse and nicely compiled list of knowledge snippets.
10. Build Web: Another blog that has a lot useful material about Joomla. Again it doesn;t seem to have been updated since a while, but still worth referring to.
You might need the help of tips and tricks while using your Joomla website. You can check out any of the websites and access a lot of information.
Events can be managed from JTAG Calendar's both back- and front-ends. To be able to manage events from the front-end, first you need to grant yourself privileges from the back-end. (For more details, please see 8. User permissions)
Go to the Joomla admin and click on the menu option Components. In the menu bar, rollover your mouse to the JTAG Calendar option, click on the Manage Events option. From here you can add, modify or delete events.
To add an event, please follow the steps below:
To add an event, please follow the steps below:
An event can be edited from both back and front end
To edit an event, please follow the steps below:
Popular Joomla tricks and tips
Joomla is one of the most popular CMS currently being used. There are many reasons why it’s so popular. Some of these reasons people love using it is because it’s easy to use, it can be hosted on a shared account, and it’s free and really simple to understand even for people with limited computer knowledge. Listed below is some useful Joomla advice for your website.